17 August 2006

First Post-Wedding Blog

Hi!

Well, we're back. The honeymoon wasn't actually a month long. But it's surprising how hard reality hits after a two weeks of not paying attention to the outside world.

For anyone who went, the wedding was awesome. I'm working on a vendor post that will summarize the vendors we used, why we picked them, and how they did. In the meantime, the best wedding summary I've seen is here, and it's not technically even a wedding summary. Most everything went off without a hitch. And people stayed and partied until the wee hours of the morning, even after Alesha and I left. The food was good, and I think everyone had a good time. Thanks to everyone for coming; it sounds cliché, but it wouldn't have been the same without you.

Since we've gotten back, we've had a few projects we had to tackle. Like combining all of our clothes into Alesha's dressers. She didn't seem to have any problems finding clothes for me to get rid of, but getting rid of her own is somehow much more difficult. As the first big project in my new house, I got to install a closet organizer. Good times.

I will be starting at the University of Minnesota (known to the cool kids as "the U") the day after the anti-capitalistic pagan holiday known as "labor day." I'll be taking Organic Chemistry I, General Biology (with lab), Introduction to Public Speaking, and hopefully Human Anatomy. In the midst of all of this, I'll need to study for and take my PCAT, and apply to the pharmacy program through PharmCAS.

Then, because I decided I like to do things like "eat", I went out and got me a new job. At Walgreens. I started there on Monday and I'll be working there for the foreseeable future. It's less than 5 minutes away, which is really nice. But what with the learning curve and all, it's always stressful your first week on the job.

Okay, no more month-long sabbaticals...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alesha better not have made you trash the duct tape t-shirt. However, we were discussing your Star Trek neckties at the wedding...

Did you two find my card in your car window the next morning?!?! Ha ha - I almost forgot to ask about that!

-tFJ