04 September 2006

An Open Letter to Pastor Ben

Dear Pastor Ben,

Thank you so much for performing our marriage and helping us to celebrate our special day. It really meant a lot to have you and Katie at our wedding, and we hope you had as enjoyable a time as we did.

Unfortunately, I have recently noticed a phenomenon that I felt I needed to bring to your attention. There are times when I will ask Alesha either about an event or for a favor, and she won't know what I'm talking about. Even worse, there are times when she expects me to know her mood or know what she is thinking. As I thought about this situation, I realized what the problem was: our wedding rings.

As a married man, you will probably agree that the ability to read your spouse's mind is essential to a workable marriage. Unfortunately, our wedding rings have not granted Alesha and me the power of mutual telepathy. Could it be possible that you forgot to bless one or both of the rings, or is this an issue I should take up with the jeweler?

Eagerly awaiting your response,
Nick

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that didn't take long!!! ;-)
-tFJ