It seems like it's been awhile since I've posted, and today was definitely a post-worthy day.

Today my brother-in-law changed his title from Mister Grunklee to Reverend Grunklee. My dad, who has progressed from Mister Schutz to Revered Schutz to Reverend Doctor Schutz, was asked by Corey to deliver the sermon. Dad, of course, did a wonderful job. He made it serious as the occasion warranted, but light enough to keep it enjoyable. He delivered a solid message to Corey, but kept it relatable enough for the rest of us.
Today, I noticed for the first time that Stephanie truly had the look of a Pastor's wife. I told Michael this, and he said it was because she wasn't wearing a T-shirt to church. I told this to Dad, and he said it was because of all the years of practice she had as a PK (pastor's kid). I told this to Stephanie, and she interpreted this as saying she had a poor choice in hairstyle. I don't know about all of that, but I do know she looked mature and at-ease greeting everyone with Corey at her side.

We left a little bit early for the ordination so that Mom could visit
Cabela's. Cabela's is an outdoor store (think Bass Pro Shops), but the walls are full of formerly-living stuffed-and-mounted animals. They have bears and wildebeests and snakes and hyenas and antelopes and even an elephant. I thought it was neat to look around, but I apparently didn't think it was as neat as Micah did. When she saw the exhibits, she would screech loudly, throw her hands up in the air, run over to the railing, tense all the muscles in her body, drop her jaw, and visibly shake as she looked at the animals. (Or sometimes rocks. We weren't always sure.) As soon as she was done, she would move onto the next animal (sometimes rock) and shriek and stare again. We had as much fun watching her as all of the other visitors to the store did. Mom thinks she was excited because the animals were close and didn't move suddenly or make noises. They were perfect for her to observe.
My dad and brother are coming over tomorrow to help us get rid of our rock garden. A couple hours of work should allow us to get all those rocks up and moved over to Michael's house. I guess that means we'll be laying
dirt and sod later this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment