Behold the updated website style!
So last Friday--8 days ago--Alesha and I didn't have anything to do. Nothing. I didn't have to work, we weren't visiting friends, we weren't spending time with my niece, we weren't going to Waconia. There were no places to go, we didn't have to clean the house, the dog wasn't sick, the water heater hadn't broken down. It was just the two of us, and a day we hadn't planned to do anything.
I asked Alesha when the last time it was that we had been afforded this luxury. We figured it out: August 2006. Yep, we hadn't had a day off together in 15 months. We had gotten back from our honeymoon and I hadn't started working for Walgreen's yet. Before that, I think we figured it was March of the same year, when the wedding had been planned out I was home from consulting. Before that... well, Alesha and I haven't known each other that long.
This weekend, I'm studying for my Biochemistry and Physiology exams. In Biochemistry, we're studying DNA and RNA. And not just the nucleotides (adenine, cytosine, guanine, thymine, and uracil, for those of you for whom high school biology happened many moons ago). We have to know the coiling and enzymes that make it all happen. Physiology this time around is all about the lungs and gastrointestinal tract.
I've also been procrastinating at putting a Christmas letter together. Last year I procrastinated enough that we had to send out an email letter rather than a real one. I'm hoping to be just a little better than that this year. In this I've found another use for my blog: it's great for remembering what the heck it is we actually did this year. So I guess what I'm saying is that if you want a preview of the Christmas letter, check out the blog.
Speaking of notable events, I haven't made mention of a very import Schutz family announcement. Several weeks ago, my brother Nathan and his wife April announced that they were going to have a baby in June! Be forewarned! There is another Schutz on the way. Alesha and I have nicknamed the baby "Aggie", because it's just so much more convenient to have a name rather than a banal title such as "the baby".
Well, back to studying...
No comments:
Post a Comment