Today I was supposed to be studying SAP Time Entry for work. Yeah, that didn't get done. But I got a bunch of wedding stuff done...
I organized all of our information into an Excel file. We've got the things we need to do in the 6-12 months before the wedding, a tentative guest list, our attendants, a list of reception halls to call, catering prices by price/person, and the 4-6 month plans. Alesha called her cousin Amy and my sister Stephanie and asked them to be bridesmaids. I called Foodie, and that was easier than I thought it would be. He said he was willing to put on a monkey suit for his baby sister. The Nixons have agreed to do lots of stuff in our wedding, which is a relief.
The best part of all is that we now have a good idea how much money we have to spend on our wedding. Seriously, that's going to help me sleep easier at night. Alesha and I are going to go over how we allocate our budget and where we are on the checklist tomorrow night. Alesha and her mom are going dress shopping Saturday, we're having lunch with the Nixons on Sunday, and we're going to look at reception halls on Monday. This is daunting just to think about!
The cool thing is that Alesha and I are both at a point in our lives where we know what we want and know what we don't care about as much. That makes the whole process easier.
Oh, and the good news with the budget is that we're probably going to get to invite Alesha's coworkers. It wouldn't have been the same otherwise.
No comments:
Post a Comment