28 June 2006

Fool Me Twice

Well, word just came down the pipe. They were just kidding when they said I could work from home.

Okay, not exactly "lying". My boss just made promises about things he didn't have control over. AMO doesn't think they have a need for anyone right now, even though five people just quit.

So I everything feels a little surreal right now. I thought I was leaving, then I wasn't, now I am again. And DSM knows too; there's no backing out now.

What bothers me the most is not that everything fell through. It's that I believed what I was told. I've been promised things before that haven't materialized (in life in general, not specifically ARINSO). But this time I went out and got everyone's hopes up.

So what are the consequences of publicly thanking God and implying that something good that is happening to you is His will, but then the good thing falls through? It's not like this situation is His fault. I feel like I'm guilty of cheapening God right now.

Lessons learned: something comes to mind about counting pre-hatched chickens...

No comments: