My flight out to Jersey last night was interesting. We were delayed an hour, which was neither exciting or surprising. What was surprising was that Tom Brokaw was on my flight. Yes, NBC news anchor Tom Brokaw. What the heck was he doing in Minnesota? And why the heck wasn't he flying in a private jet? Wasn't he supposed to be doing NBC nightly news?
I dropped the bomb last Tuesday when I told my boss that I would be quitting my job after the wedding. Too much travel and the desire for a change in my career field were both cited as reasons. I was completely prepared to step away from SAP and ARINSO forever. I wasn't prepared for him to counter-offer.
Apparently I'm going to work for ARINSO from home. Part time, zero travel, and I get to set my hours. Rather than working erratic hours for minimum wage, I get constant hours at a relatively high rate. I never imagined something like this would happen when I first formulated my plan.
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." --Romans 8:28
No comments:
Post a Comment