31 May 2007

Has it been two weeks?!?!?

Stand by for news!

My birthday was a good one. Thank you to everyone who came to our party. I had a bad experience with my 11th birthday party, and ever since I've really loathed them. But since Alesha was already inviting people over and grilling out every year, who was I to buck tradition? I find myself really looking forward to it every year. Alesha and I celebrated my birthday on the 21st; my favorite gift was an Alton Brown book. Now I know what I want in a food processor. When we visited the in-laws on Sunday, they got me tickets to see Spamalot. We got the best class of tickets, and we'll be going to the 2:00 show on July 29.

Home improvement has been a theme around here. There is, of course, the whole water-heater episode. But I've also successfully hung pegboard for my tools in the garage. Alesha is actually excited about organizing the tools on the board. I know, it's shocking, isn't it? I've also patched the hole behind the front door. This will be good practice for the hole I made in the laundry room. I think we also want to redo the shelves in that room, since that had to come down as well. When our contracting guy was here, we talked about replacing the bathtub, and he's excited about the prospect. We're excited about getting rid of the (potentially) rotting drywall behind the plastic.

School is getting closer and closer. I got my grades back; C+ in Anatomy, B in Organic Chemistry, and A in Microbiology. I had secretly hoped for better, but I'm not dissatisfied with how it turned out. I've been talking to a Pharmacist at work who just graduated from the U. He's giving me tips on studying and free parking that are invaluable. My White Coat Ceremony will be on August 29.

Speaking of Pharmacy, I think this intern gig at Walgreen's will be a good one. Not as good as the job I had where they paid me to stay home and date Alesha, but still, not bad. I got a bit of a raise, and can get up to 8 hours overtime a week doing "intern projects". This includes, but is not limited to:
  • Attending weekly meetings (2 hours)
  • Taking tours of labs
  • Following district managers around for a day
  • Playing Mini-Golf
  • Going to the St. Paul Science Museum
  • Going to see the St. Paul Saints minor league team
  • Going to see the Twins play
  • Going to a picnic and boat cruise
All these hours at the pharmacy are coming at a cost; my wrists are starting to hurt. My occupational therapist sister has given me exercises to stave off carpal tunnel. You all have permission to ask me if I'm doing my exercises.

Other than that, allergy season has arrived. My voice has been altered to appropriately sing Barry White. But beside drainage, and certain pulmonary fluids that aren't appropriate to discuss in mixed company, everything is fine. And life is good. Alesha and I are looking forward to the summer. We don't have all of our plans laid out, but we're getting there.

As always, stay tuned for updates.

Good day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard nothing but good things about Spamalot - enjoy!

Have you been doing your exercises?

-tFJ

The Davies Family said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday dear nick! Happy Birthday to you!

Wish we could be there to send you birthday wishes in person, but actually I don't think you would have wanted to hear our singing in person. Sounds like it was a good one.