- LaKisha. As Alesha said today, she hasn't improved like the other contestants over the course of the show.
- Blake. Oh how I wish he had done better. And if it had just been based on the first song, I think I would have placed him one position higher. I really hope he makes it through this week.
- Melinda. I agree completely with Simon that what she sang was great for a backup singer. Great vocals, but no stage presence.
- Jordin. I don't think she's the best or most original singer, but she is exciting to watch and has enough other qualities to get by.
Alesha mentioned that we had gone through the AFI list for the first time. I think we were both slightly shocked at movies we had and hadn't seen. I've started putting together a (long-term) list of movies we should really watch together (in no particular order):
- Casablanca (haven't seen it together)
- The Godfather (I haven't seen it, believe it or not)
- Gone with the Wind (she hasn't seen it)
- Lawrence of Arabia (neither of us have seen it)
- It's a Wonderful Life (haven't seen it together)
- The Bridge On The River Kwai (she hasn't seen it)
- Doctor Zhivago (neither of us have seen it)
- Fargo (she actually hasn't seen this historical documentary about real life in Minnesota!)
- Duck Soup (neither of us have seen it)
- Animal Crackers (neither of us have seen it)
- An Officer and a Gentleman (she hasn't seen it)
- Blazing Saddles (I haven't seen it)
- Field of Dreams (she hasn't seen it, baseball fan that she is)
- Airplane! (she hasn't seen it)
- Bruce Almighty (she hasn't seen it)
- Rocky Balboa (20 Dec 2006)
- Hot Fuzz (20 Apr 2007)
Spider Man 3 (4 May 2007)- Shrek the Third (18 May 2007)
- Surf's Up (8 Jun 2007)
- Live Free or Die Hard (27 Jun 2007)
- Transformers (4 Jul 2007)
- The Simpsons Movie (27 Jul 2007)
- The Bourne Ultimatum (3 Aug 2007)
- Fanboys (17 Aug 2007)
- Iron Man (2 May 2008)
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (16 May 2008)
- Indiana Jones 4 (22 May 2008)
- The Incredible Hulk (13 Jun 2008)
2 comments:
Oh, Rascal, I can see how The Wolf and I failed you at our weekly "Canned" Film Festivals... See all of the ones you said you hadn't seen. Seriously!!! Well, except for Officer & Gentleman and Bruce... When you have seen them, let me know, and we will discuss!
-tFJ
Ah, but without the Friday night movies, I would never have seen Taxi Driver or The Bridge on the River Kwai, to name a few. I think my only problem was you guys graduated too early to keep showing the movies...
Post a Comment