Well, now that there are only 6 contestants, it's much easier to give a rundown:
Phil Stacey:
In general, not my favorite. I think he looks too much like a chemo patient with a little too much rouge on the cheeks. But I digress... I'll be honest, I wasn't sitting down for the start of the show. I only heard it in the background. But I wasn't impressed.
Jordin Sparks:
I like Jordan. I think she's a great singer. But she totally bombed tonight. There were so many songs she could have done besides Living on a Prayer. It didn't fit her, and she seemed not to care. But they're combining this week's and last week's scores and I heard she did well last week, so we'll see what happens.
LaKisha Jones:
I don't think she's Idol material, stemming from her attitude. I haven't liked what she's sang for quite some time, but I really enjoyed her singing tonight.
Blake Lewis:
I've always liked Blake. After this week, I could totally see him winning. His remix (or whatever the kids are calling it these days) was really good because it didn't mess with the part everyone knew: the chorus. You've got to think he's been waiting all season to whip out the beat-box (is beat-box hyphenated?) and sound effects; you've got to admire his restraint.
Chris Richardson:
Hated it! Like Alesha said, "It sounded like Bon Jovi karaoke with better backup music." (By the way it's pronounced "Carry-O-Key", not "Ka-roke-ee"...) I hope he's gone next week. But I suppose I'm not exactly his target demographic.
Melinda Doolittle:
I guess I could be considered a big Melinda fan, and I think she did pretty good this week, considering she's not a rocker. Favorite quote of the night (as close as I can remember it):
Bon Jovi (excited): Get into with your hands! Like you're in church!
Melinda (sheepishly): I like church...
Stay: Blake, Melinda
Go: Chris, Phil
1 comment:
i dont see how you get carry-o-key out of karaoke....ill stick with ka-rokee.
good call on the loosers!
Post a Comment