Happy 2008!
On the way back home from Arkansas, I got a tickle in my throat. The cough and cold my wife had over Christmas break had finally caught up with me. It wasn't a big deal until work yesterday. In the middle of work, my voice went from David Hasselhoff to James Earl Jones. My body started hurting and I started requiring lots of sleep.
This wouldn't have been a big deal normally. I could say it wasn't a good time to get sick, but honestly, do we ever sit around saying "Now would be a really good time to get sick?" Monday through Wednesday of this week there is a Pharmacy Conference at Deep Portage. I was supposed to go, but I decided that I was in no condition to participate.
Alesha and I decided to make the best of it and watch some DVD's. We have been borrowing Michael and Aimee's DVD player since ours went on the fritz. We thought it was about time to give it back, and Alesha remembered she had an old DVD player downstairs. We hooked up our old one, but it didn't seem to be working. Fifteen minutes before they closed, Alesha and I decided to bite the bullet and buy a player from Target.
What kind of wonderful, magical world do we live in where you can buy a brand-new, brand-name DVD player for $34?
1 comment:
At least you are learning what drugs will make you better and I hope that happens soon. Sorry you couldn't go to the conference but it's probably for the best. You let me know if you still aren't feeling well by Thursday I can easily do slides :) I'll even bring Orange Juice and chicken soup from Tinucci's as a trade.
Post a Comment