10 June 2008

Fast Food

On our travels this year, Alesha and I have noted that one thing that southern states have that we lack is a cornucopia of varieties of restaurants. Some places that we don't have include Waffle House, Whataburger, and Chick-fil-A. (Okay, technically there is a Chick-fil-A in the basement of the student union at the U, but it's not the same!) But one of the things that always bugged me was a lack of a Sonic up here.

Mind you, I don't really ever get strong cravings for Sonic food. They have okay shakes and food, but so do a bazillion other places around here. No, what bugs me is that there are the constant commercials on network television telling me to go and visit a Sonic. Hello, the closest restaurant is 172 miles away in Fort Dodge, Iowa!

But I guess I don't have to worry about it anymore. A Sonic opened in right here in Saint Paul a few days ago. Maybe when the lines shrinks down in a couple of weeks we'll go and have a shake.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Where did they open a Sonic? I'd be up for a run for a cherry limeade. (Honestly, whenever I go though the southern airport I always scour their directories to see if they have a sonic.)

Wonder why Sonic would play commercials in a market that didn't have one unless they were creating "want" and wa-la Sonic on a street near you.