There are now (at last count, anyway) twenty people going on this mission trip. Can you believe that? In about 4 days, twenty people were able to rearrange their entire lives for a week to go down to Mississippi and serve. I have to be on a plane for work next Monday; that make three people that I know of who said that this was the only week that they were able to go down and do this. And it's not like there are a bunch of college-age kids, either. I think I'm the youngest one on the trip. This has to be just another sign that God has his hand in all of this.
We had our first/last training meeting for the trip yesterday. I was seriously impressed by the caliber of people going. Personally, I'm especially thankful that we have a nurse going on the trip. On a personal level, I'm looking to get to know everyone better on this trip. I'm also looking forward to an opportunity to serve. I've never been on a mission trip before, but from what I heard, the lives of the people who go can be touched as much as the people that they are there to serve.
We're heading out at 11:30 this afternoon, a three-Suburban caravan. That should put us in Ocean Springs tomorrow morning. Thank you for all of your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment