24 May 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

Funny, 28 doesn't feel much different than 27...

Let's see, how 'bout a quick review?

Everything has calmed down at work. Only 23 days left, at any rate. The SAP Time training I was going to do in early June has been pushed back to late July/early August.

Micah is getting bigger and bigger and is looking more and more like her maternal grandmother. Michael and Aimee are doing a great job of taking a gob of pictures of her. Hmmm, maybe I should see about posting some...

Actually, I've been bad about pictures is general. Ever since my camera got ganked, I've been using Alesha's. We just got a new one just before the baptism, and must say it's really nice. At any rate, since Alesha stores them to her computer, I haven't really got a chance to do all of the organizing I normally do. Long term, what I'd really like to do is get some sort of digital photograph organizational software. It would have to be something that would store thing like the date taken, the people in the picture, the location, and any other tags I want. That way, if I want to find a picture of Dad in Panama City involving a dog, I could do a search and find it. Any suggestions?

Alesha's birthday was fabulous. At least that's what she told me. For one, I got to be home. You know, "working from home". It also helped that her presents involved a picnic basket, a Lady and the Tramp DVD, Capital Grille, and Shane Co.

The wedding prep is going along just fine. All of the invitations have been mailed out, and we've gotten about eight responses back already. I'm now talking to vendors, refining the schedule for the day.

Speaking of weddings, a good friend of mine from college, Mike McLean, just announced his engagement! He'll be marrying Virginia next May in North Carolina. Now we have an excuse for a trip down to Asheville. Congratulations, buddy!

No comments: