09 April 2006

Week in review

The best laid plans...

What a week! Last Thursday, March 30, at 10:14 PM, Micah Vivian Schutz came into the world. She weighed 7 lbs. 7.6 oz. and was 19 inches long. Honestly, she's an adorable doll baby. Since I didn't have to work this week, Alesha and I have gotten to hang out with Michael and Aimee and the baby a couple times. She sleeps most of the time, but Aimee says she's quiet and well-behaved the rest of the time.

Alesha got a new kitchen! Her cabinets finally came in. The kitchen looks completely different; not only are there cabinets lining the entire side of the kitchen, but they and the floor are much lighter than before. It's not so much like walking into a cave now. Alesha's not sure what she's going to do with all of the extra space she has now. The total for parts and labor and everything came to about half of what I was expecting it would. It's a good thing too; Alesha's alternator went out this week. That was a mere $500 upgrade.

We hired the final vendor this week, the florist. I'll try to get the list together sometime this week.

We went to Kim and Paul's place last night. They always make a great dinner. The plan was to go hot-tubbing, but the water level was low. Instead we played Guitar Hero for Playstation. That game is incredibly addicting. The controller is actually a guitar with five frets and a "string" you can strum. And of course a whammy bar. At any rate, the gameplay is Van Halen meets Dance Dance Revolution. The notes come to you on the screen, and you have to have the right frets pushed and strum to match the notes. One of the better parts of this game was the songs; they were actually realistic covers of songs like I Love Rock & Roll, Iron Man, Sharp Dressed Man, and Smoke on the Water. (I rocked out to More Than A Feeling. Boston rocks.) At any rate, the game may sound kinda simplistic, but it kept us entertained until the wee hours of the morning.

I have to go back to New Jersey this week. Blah.

No comments: