I've been meaning to reinstall my operating system for quite some time now. There's always a reason not to do it. You have to make sure you have all your files off the hard drive. You have to make sure you have all of the programs installed that you want to use. You have to have time for the installation. It used to be that I would reinstall my OS every 6 months. It has been three-and-a-half years since my last reinstall.
Well yesterday, I decided I was done waiting. I took another hard drive and installed a fresh copy of Windows XP. That way, I didn't have to worry about transferring everything over. If I forgot anything, I could just go back to the other hard drive. I must have had a lot of junk on the computer; the time it takes to boot up has been cut in half. I thought it would be the perfect time to network our printers. I couldn't get our two computers to see each other to share a printer with my old configuration. I worked on it for about half an hour last night before I got frustrated and went to bed.
At 11:00 I realized I had a voice mail from Alesha, which she had left at 9:30. In the process of linking the computers, I added a password to her account on her computer. She was not happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment