18 August 2009

This Week's Challenge: Salsa!

Out of all the shows my wife enjoys, I would have to say Dancing with the Stars is my least favorite. It doesn't help that I have always disliked the ABC network. (With the exception of Tom Bergeron. I'm a fan.) But I think the show is full of contrived drama, it wants us to feel sympathy for people making 7 figure incomes, and has results shows that are chocked full of more filler material that most other shows of the genre. Honestly, pop singers? I'm not tuning in to hear washed-up young tarts sing, I'm tuning in to see has-been actors dance!

But something has changed this season that is going to make me watch every show this season. I am going to come home early and park myself on the couch for two hours every Monday evening. I am considering purchasing a DVR.

Why, you may ask, am I doing a complete and total flip-flop?

Because The Chairman is going to be a contestant this season. How can you not vote for the man who single-handedly runs Iron Chef America? Have you seen the man do backflips in kitchen stadium? He's going to mop the floor with his competitors.

This week on Dancing with the Stars: Asparagus!

Never trust spiritual leader who cannot dance. ~Mr. Miyagi, The Next Karate Kid, 1994

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone watched "The Next Karate Kid"???
-tFJ

Anonymous said...

The rest of us will be watching Donny Osmond :)