05 August 2009

Makes a home a home

One of the benefits of marrying my wife was inheriting a house.

Perhaps "inherit" is a poor choice of terms. After all, "inherit" implies that I will take possession of something when she is gone. Sunday's garage door incident notwithstanding, I am certainly not trying to off my wife. Her culinary talents alone would see to this, and she provides them on a near-daily basis. But I digress.

With this home came a number of worldly items, which had hitherto never been in my possession, including a hacksaw, a dehumidifier, a knife block, and a living room set. And in that living room set was the focal point of the living room, the veritable jewel in the crown of entertaining that was our family room: the 32" cathode-ray Panasonic color television set. It was not as if I had never owned a television set before. But 32"? That was just... vain. TV sets didn't need to be that big.

I got an email from my wife yesterday:
i think the tv bit the dust. there is only about 1/4 of the screen visible...on all channels. time for a new one!

And indeed it is! Unfortunately, the largest size we can get is 32". I am thinking about this model, or trying a pawn shop. Does anyone have any ideas?

http://www.vizio.com/product.aspx?id=2720&pid=1506

Ah, TV respects me. It laughs with me... not at me! ~Homer Simpson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude. WHichev one your intenet bidness look best on. Dude.