Nothing much to report tonight. About ten of us went out and ate at an Italian restaurant near the hotel this evening.
The whole dining experience over here is somewhat different from the states. At home, the whole idea is to turn over a bunch of tables. The waiters constantly refill your drinks, ask you how you're doing, bring you your check, and try to get you out of the door. Over here, the whole idea is to get you to stay at their place as long as possible. The longer you stay, the more drinks you buy (in theory). I want to say we spent an hour-and-a-half to two hours at the restaurant, although I don't have a watch, so I can't really say for sure.A group of people went down to Grande Place for ice cream. I started feeling it on the way down and had to go back. But I did pick a Diet Coke for in the morning. Apple juice just doesn't do it for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment