28 June 2005

Taxi Driver

Arinso Global Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium

So apparently it takes at least an hour for a taxi to come from the time you call for it.

I called for a taxi at 8:15 this morning. We didn't get one until 9:05. In the meantime, we tried getting in another taxi. Four of us hopped in, but apparently he "didn't go there".

When our actual driver got here, I kinda wish he hadn't. He constantly swore under his breath in French; he's the kind of guy you can see dying of a heart attack at an early age. He did fun things like speeding down train tracks on the road to pass people. We walked in at about 9:30.

As for class, it looks like we'll actually have an assignment today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am reminded of the driving scenes in Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown, where Snoopie and other drivers exchanged several epithets and gestures...