It is freezing cold outside. I'm talking breathe-in-and-freeze-the-contents-of-your-nose cold. It is now -10ºF with a wind chill of -26ºF. The high for tomorrow will be -5ºF with a wind chill of -23ºF. The low for this evening will be -19ºF with a wind chill of -38ºF. It is supposedly the coldest tonight that it has been in 5 years.
How cold is that? Well -40º has some interesting properties. -40º is the point where your exposed skin freezes almost instantly. It's the point where mercury actually freezes. It's the point where chlorine turns into a liquid. Oh yeah, and -40º is the converging point of the Fahrenheit and Celsius scales. That's right, -40ºF = -40ºC. I am not looking forward to scraping my car off in the morning.
I've been working at a pharmacy in Eagan this week. It's been a lot of fun working at a slower store. I've gotten to do more intern-ish things that I normally don't get to do at my store, like calling other stores to transfer prescriptions, taking new prescription orders from doctors, and talking to patients about medications that they are taking. And I won't lie, working in a store that does about one-third of the number of prescriptions in a day feels kind of a vacation. Hopefully the early shift tomorrow doesn't throw me any suprises.
No comments:
Post a Comment