11 January 2009

The New Year

We had a lovely time with the Moonen family yesterday. You can check out the photos here if you have Facebook. There were two rounds of poker this year and I, goaded on by my wife, participated in both. They started with three tables of about 8 people and shifted players around to minimize the number of tables while equalizing the number of players at each table. I ended up not making a complete fool of myself, even when one of my tells was revealed at the table. I even made it to the final table in the second game before being eliminated. It was kind of cool to see my father-in-law face down my brother-in-law for first place.

Eleven days into 2009, it is finally beginning to feel like the new year. It helps that all of my exams are over. It also helps that all of our Christmas parties are done too. So now that it feels like the new year, I remembered I had made of list of things I wanted to get done over break. The prospects aren't looking too promising. It's nice that I still don't start school until the day after the Martin Luther King holiday. I am only scheduled to work for four of the remaining eight days.

Out of all the things on my list, I would really like to resinstall my OS over the break. I used to do a fresh re-install every six months, but I've had this version for the past three years. Computers can get bogged down with old files pretty quick. It would have been nice to install OS X on here with a dual-boot for Windows XP, but I don't think four days is enough time. We'll see how the rest of the break unfolds.

No comments: