Dinner last night was fantastic. It's been a long time since Alesha and I got dressed up just to go out. One of the things that I love about W.A. Frost is that they keep their Christmas decorations up for, oh, about a month after Christmas is over. The holidays are usually packed for the two of us, with all of the family and work parties and friends we see and visit. After all the hustle and bustle of the season, after Dick Clark is done dropping the ball on Times Square, it is wonderful for the two of us to go out and enjoy a leisurely two hour dinner. When you walk inside on January second, you are greeted by a fully decorated fifteen-foot Christmas tree. It's almost like they are saving a slice of Christmas just for the two us.
Today marked the sixth straight day in a row I've worked. I am very grateful for all of the shifts I've been able to pick up, but I'm not used to my feet being this tired. I think I stayed on the couch for most of the evening when I got home. I did something I haven't done in at least a year-and-a-half and picked up a Sunday shift for tomorrow afternoon. Why would I go and do something crazy like that?
School doesn't start back for me until the day after the Martin Luther King holiday. Having a month off from school is pretty nice. It has been my goal since Christmas to work 40 hours per week. This past week I was able to get a couple hours of overtime. I am hoping I can pick up enough shifts this week as well, but there is a small hitch. On December 19, the day of my last final, I came down with a pretty bad case of gastroenteritis. My final for pharmacology happened to be that day as well. I currently have an "Incomplete" for the class until I take the final. After talking with the professor, my final has been scheduled for next Thursday at 9:00.
In order to maximize my study time (all of Tuesday and Wednesday) and still hit my goal of 40 hours, my plan is to work all the others. I still don't have anything lined up for Monday and Friday. This might be okay though; if Monday is as busy as the previous week has been, I might not want to go in. Maybe next time we'll talk about the joys of working in a Pharmacy in late December/early January...
No comments:
Post a Comment