Why is it that when someone else isn't doing something well they are incompetent, but if I don't do something well I'm having a bad day?
I think that everyone should work retail for six months at least once in their lives. Being in a retail environment is not exactly easy; there is a good reason retail pharmacists make more than their hospital counterparts despite arguably having to know less. There is a good deal of pressure to get prescriptions out the door quickly. Everyone has the Burger King mentality when they step into the pharmacy: it should be your way, right away. Unfortunately, when you throw a prescriber into the mix, and then their prescription has to be okayed by an insurance company, we're often seen as the bad guy. Messengers can be very easy to shoot.
Today was the eighth day in a row that I've worked. And since it's the new year, everyone's insurance has changed. Lots of people have had their insurance change without their knowledge. If you happen to pick up a prescription in the next week or so, be sure to thank the technician that is ringing you out. They are probably not excited to be there, and no one is hearing much in the way of thanks these days.
I think I'm going to go eat some ice cream.
No comments:
Post a Comment