I got a call from my sister-in-law today, asking if Alesha and I could watch the girls for a bit. We did, and it was awesome. I got to hold Taryn as she gleefully spit up all over my hands. She is one cute girl.
Micah two-and-a-half and securely planted in her "why" phase. "What's that?" A tie. "Why?" I wear it for work. "Why?" Because that's what they tell me to do. "Why?" They think I look professional in a tie. "Why?" The modern 'necktie' was derived from the cravat, which, not unlike other men's fashion accessories between the 17th century and World War I, has a military origin which... "Dis is Sleeping Beauty!" That's very nice. But her name is actually 'Aurora'. "Why?"
Okay, that conversation was entirely fictional, but you get the idea. When we had to go, Micah's father told her to say bye. Of course, the question was "why?". Alesha told her it was because we were going out to eat. "But why?" I told her it was because three years ago tonight I asked Aunt Alesha to marry me. I even showed her the sparkly ring I got her. But Micah suddenly got very interested in showing us her stickers of the number 'two'.
So Alesha and I are off to W.A. Frost to celebrate the anniversary of our engagement. I didn't propose there, but it did happen after the meal there in a nearby park. This is really the only anniversary of anything Alesha and I have celebrated every year on the day. Not Valentine's, not the Fourth of July, not our first date, not even our anniversary. But every year on January 2 we order a cheese platter as an appetizer before our main course.
Alesha was looking for pictures from last year so she wouldn't wear the same thing as last time. Only last year at this time, we were going through a "we only take pictures of the two of us when we're eating food" phase. Apparently, we do not want to look back on our lives and only remember the restaurants we've eaten at. There were no pictures taken last year, but maybe we'll go nuts and take some this year.
1 comment:
Aw. You guys are great. Who needs romance novels? Hope you had a wonderful evening.
Post a Comment