08 January 2009

The official end of the semester

Webster defines pharmacology as "the properties and reactions of drugs especially with relation to their therapeutic value". (I am not sure if I cited this article correctly; perhaps my wife will soon be able to tell me.) The purpose is to learn about how a drug will affect when it goes into your body. The University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy defines pharmacology as the hardest class you will take. Okay, there's really no official definition, but an informal poll of me and at least three of my friends bears this out.

In order to get the grade I wanted in my Pharmacology class, I had to get 37% on the test, or 34/93 correct. In order to get a better grade than that, I had to get 87%, or 81/93 correct. After taking the final, I feel confident that I will get the grade I wanted, but no higher. It is a great relief to be done.

In other news, I might be going ice fishing on Tuesday. I've never really been fishing. I've actually only been fishing three times in my life that I can remember. Fishing has never really excited me. But ice fishing intrigues me. It's supposedly "like drinking in your garage." Who could pass that up? The only possible deterrent will be the weather next Tuesday. The high is supposed to be 2ºF with a low of -5ºF. I know ice fishing isn't about warmth, but apparently there is a limit to what even Minnesotans will endure.

No comments: