Break time!
Okay, all of the fun I've had playing tourist over here has made me realize that I know next to nothing about Minneapolis/St. Paul. Since I'm in the research mode, I've made a list of all the things I want to do back in good ol' Minnesota. All prices apply to people my age.
Absolutely Must See
- Minnesota Zoo - $12, $5 parking; 2 hours. Come on, who doesn't like monkeys?
- Cathedral of St. Paul - Free; 30 minutes. Europe has given me a taste for Cathedrals.
- Minneapolis Institute of Arts - Free; 2 hours. Sounds like a pretty cool museum.
- Minnesota History Center - Free; 90 minutes. I know next to nothing about Minnesota. This would be a good crash course
- Minnesota State Capitol - Free; 1 hour. Impressive architecture and learning about Minnesota.
- Science Museum of Minnesota - $8, 2-3 hours. Science museums are nerd nirvana.
- Foshay Tower - I hear the observation deck has a great view of the city.
- Historic Fort Snelling - $8, 1-2 hours. See how hard your great- great- great- great- grandparents really had it.
- Landmark Plaza - Free. Respect to Charles Schulz.
- Minnesota Museum of American Art - $5 (Free on Thursdays!), 1 hour. Yeah, 'cause I didn't know Minnesota had artists.
- Summit Avenue Tour - $8, 90 minutes. I like old houses.
- Como Park - $2 (optional). Botanical gardens.
- Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden and Bird Sanctuary - Free. Mmmm. Flowers.
- Mill City Museum - $8, 1 hour. Everything you always wanted to know about the flour milling industry.
- Minnehaha Park - Free. Looks nice.
- Mississippi River Visitor Center - Free. For the outdoorsman in all of us. Okay, maybe just for the outdoorsman in me.
- Walker Art Center/Minneapolis Sculpture Garden - $8, 2 hours. Contemporary art, eh. Sculpture garden, cool.
2 comments:
You need to see some *real* sites in Minnesota, my friend...
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/map/mn.html
-Will
P.S. - Lemon curry???
Hello...biggest ball of twine!!
Wait till you see the list of sites IVE compiled for you to see. :)
Post a Comment