Everything is taken care of. Tòmas is driving back to pick us up so we have a place to stay for the night.
Dublin was fantastic. Most of what we did involved shopping. I picked up some postcards to remember the trip. The architecture was impressive, and the sights and sounds were very nice to see. In other countries, you have street performers strumming guitars or belting out poor renditions of 50's songs. Here they have string quartets playing Mozart.
We ate at a place called the Mullberry. I ordered the lamb; this being an agricultural country, of course it was all fantastic. Even the toilets were quaint. But I must admit, I did feel a bit odd carrying a camera into a bathroom to get the photographic evidence.
I have to say that I will definitely be coming back to Ireland. There's so much to see here; I know what I saw had to be a small fraction of it all. And now I know all sorts of people to ask about places to go. Seriously, if any of you from Ireland (and I know some of you are reading this) ever make it out to Minnesota, let me know. There's not a whole lot to see, but you'll be taken care of.(And if I made any mistakes with the names or places this weekend please let me know. I'm not Irish, and all these Gaelic names are hard for me to spell!)
No comments:
Post a Comment