01 July 2005

Irate

Charleroi-Brussels Airport, Charleroi, Belgium

Deidre and I got to the Midi station in plenty of time. I really hope Ellen made it. We were having problems finding which metro train would take us to the airport. It turns out that the metro doesn't go there, only the train. Well the train was 17€ instead of the 3€ I was planning on paying. And the line wasn't moving. And our train was about to be leaving. Since the 48€ it cost for the airport last time worked out to only 6€ more than the train would cost, we decided to take a cab. Unfortunately, he didn't speak English and we didn't speak French. We got in his cab and took off.

Patrick asked us last week what the most we ever payed for a cab. Well, now I have an answer for him.

120.75€.

That's $144.90.

I am never ever taking taking a cab for the rest of my life if I can help it.

But hey, at least I'm getting frequent flyer miles out of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd be IRATE, too... ;-)

Will