So this is Paris... Gumby made the comment--and I would have to agree--that Paris is the definitely the sort of place to which you would want to bring your significant other. So much to see, so much to do, and so little time!Gumby met me at the train station, right on time. We went from there straight to the hotel. We started wandering around the city, catching all we could see, at about 7:00. Poor Gumby had been up since 5:15 in the morning, and had already been walking around all afternoon.
I think the first day that you are in a city, it's not a bad thing to wander around and get lost. Yeah, we did that. It really wasn't as much "lost" as "I'm not exactly sure where we are right now", but we did a lot of walking. I got a pretty decent feel for the city as far as where everything is. Tomorrow I'm told we'll be taking the subway most places. That's a good thing; I don't think my feet could take walking all day. The subway system here seems much easier to use than the one in Belgium. It's much cleaner too.
We ate at this great little crêpe place La Crêperie des Canettes. The crêpes were wonderful. To me, it kind of tasted like a cross between pizza crust and a pancake. I got almost everything I could on it for my meal; Gumby stuck with mushrooms and cheese. For desert I got el Capitian. Although you can't tell from the picture (we were like three seconds too late), the banana and chocolate dessert was served flaming.
It was about 11:00 at this point and we hadn't really seen any of the sites, so we decided to take in Notre Dame cathedral and call it a night. It really was gorgeous, illuminated and on the water, especially from the back. I can't wait to get a close look at it tomorrow.Tomorrow is going to be a full day; I'm only now beginning to realize how full. I've eaten crêpes; now all that remains are French bread (with wine and cheese) and a French pastry.
1 comment:
Yay for Gumby! That's too funny, her meeting you with a (TurboPascal) Rascal sign... LOL!!!
-Will
Post a Comment