Okay, we didn't really get lost, per se. But we did walk around a lot.Patrick and I went back to the hotel, but then headed straight over to Atomium. It is waaay out there on the outskirts of town. It seemed like it took about half an hour to get there on the metro. It was big. But it undergoing renovations and didn't really look all that impressive. I'm sure it would have been been better if we could have gone up into it and seen the city.
According to Patrick's map, there were a couple other things to see over there in that area. Including a Chinese pavilion and Japanese tower over by the royal palace. What the heck were a Chinese pavilion and Japanese tower doing in the middle of Brussels? It was pretty funny, we didn't have any clue. Apparently some previous king liked exotic stuff. We couldn't really see the royal palace from the road. Nothing over there was open, so we couldn't really see to much of anything. We were both pretty hungry at this point, so we decided to head back to town.The walk back was gorgeous. There are loads of open, green fields around the monuments. It was also slightly above the city, so you could look down and see a panoramic view of Brussels. There were many families taking advantage of the fields to have picnics and just relax.
For dinner that night, we had Greek. I don't know if it was really good or I was just so hungry I didn't care. It came out quickly and was relatively inexpensive. I don't think our waiter spoke much English. Either that or he didn't care what we really ordered. I went for a Diet Coke and Patrick opted for a water. So he brought out two Diet Cokes. Patrick ordered his plate sauceless. It came out with sauce.Later that night Chirag called, so I met him, Patrick and Brian (the instructor) at the corner pub. It made me realize how much I'm going to miss this crazy group.
This today is our penultimate class. It's kind of crazy to think that this adventure is almost over. I'm planning a low-key night tonight. Leave work, pick up a couple of souveniers, eat, go back to the hotel, start packing, get to bed early. Sounds glamourous, huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment