This is probably the second-smallest airport I've ever been to in my life. There are only like two terminals. The security check-in was refreshingly simple. Just remove the belt and go through the metal detector. It reminded me a lot of the pre-9-11 days.Not only did the duty-free store have chocolate, perfumes and liquor, they also were sexily priced. Deidre picked up a couple things, including chocolate for the relatives and some huge candy bar with a biscuit layer in the middle. It was wonderful.
There were no assigned seats on the flight. I've never flown Southwest Airlines before, but I imagine the cattle call is about the same. We ended up being just about the last people getting on the flight; I thought I was going to get stuck in a middle seat between two fat ladies or something. Fortunately there were plenty of seats open. Deidre took the windows so she could sleep, I took the aisle so I could type.
There is actually a decent amount of room in here, being a budget airline and all. I think I have more room than on some Delta flights I've taken. Deidre ordered what can only be described as the cutest can of Diet Pepsi I've ever seen in my life.In other news, my nose started running this afternoon and my throat started getting scratchy on the cab ride over. An overseas trip is not a time to start feeling crappy.
1 comment:
You should try out the "airport" in Huntington, WV some time. Although, I once was taken into custody there for making a bomb threat. Or so they said. A good thing it was pre-9/11. A story for another time.
Will
Post a Comment