08 July 2005

On the road again

between Brussels, Belgium, and Paris, France, via Thalys rail

The good news is the bookstore had lots of guides for Paris. The bad news is that they were all in French.

The train is a different experience. I didn't realize that there were assigned seats and cars, but I figured it out before anyone had a problem with it. And I'm not sitting next to anyone stinky. In my head I thought the scenery was going to be nicer than it has been, but the rain probably isn't helping things. The views are actually pastoral and peaceful. The train is a lot more wobbly than I thought it would be. No one has asked for my boarding pass either. I guess I could have hid in the bathroom the whole time and saved 50€.

I've finished two of the three books I brought over. Although my MP3 player player isn't working, iTunes is working just fine on my laptop. Mmm... Alison Krauss...

No comments: