I'm glad I kept my tickets, they actually checked passports and ticket on the train this time. But fortunately the train is not full and I'll be able to pass out in two seats here. Public transportation in Paris is really great. It's going to be a lot of walking regardless of what you do in Paris, but the metro makes it much easier. They struck me as safe and fast and clean compared to, say, Atlanta or Brussels. And I felt as safe with my wallets and such as I do in Atlanta. Don't get me wrong, I still held onto my stuff pretty tightly, but I didn't feel as if someone were looking to pick my pocket all the time.
Other random Paris thoughts... Everyone was slightly on the rude side, but I think I'd say the same thing if I went to New York. It was relatively easy for me to get around in Paris only knowing English. But don't try that in any other French city!
Here are the things that I wanted to do but didn't (a.k.a. the "next time" trip):
- Eiffel Tower. Yeah, I saw it and even walked up the side. But I didn't go to the top and I didn't see it at night. Hmmm, that almost sounds like two seperate trips...
- Cathédrale Notre Dame. I saw the towers, but not the insides. Yeah, that would be cool. A hunchback photo in the tower would work too.
- Cimetière du Père Lachaise. Didn't even get to it.
- Musée du Louvre. I would love to spend a few days in there and absorb all that I could. That could be a trip in and of itself.
- Basilique du Sacré-Coeur. I didn't see the crypts and I didn't go to the top. And none of my pictures from the inside turned out. I must go back.
- Napoleon's Tomb. I didn't hear much about it before the trip, but apparently this is a pretty cool attraction too.
It's MP3 time.
No comments:
Post a Comment