03 July 2005

Ireland to Brussels, Take Two

Dublin International Airport, Dublin, Ireland

We had another lovely night at Tom and Mary Cleary's house. Tom filled me in on some of the finer details of both hurling and Gaelic football. It was then a hot whiskey and off to bed!

We got up at 4:20 to ensure we would be on time. Again, check-in was a breeze and didn't take long at all. We are sitting down with the Irish boy scouts. And Irish girl scouts too, apparently. They were headed to Belgium for a Jamboree, and all were palpably excited.

Deidre looked into it and apparently you can take a train from the Brussels airport back to Midi station, so some things are looking up. I'm also feeling a lot better. My voice is still in the Barry White range, and I still have an awful cough, but I'm feeling noticeably better every day.

Five hours of travel and eight hours of class. It's going to be a long day...

No comments: